Your customers can lock computers and access apps documents and settings by pressing the Start button or entering the windows logo key.
Select the Start button on the far left of the taskbar.
Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard.
1. On the Start menu, select Power.
2. Select the option you want: Sleep, Shut down
Cortana helps make things easier for you and keeps you up to date. Aside from all the information she can provide, she keeps track of everything she knows and learns on Cortana’s notebook.
Start entering your question over “Ask me anything”
in the search box to the right of the Start button.
Some things you can say to Cortana include: "What is the weather forecast for Portland on Friday?" and "Remind me to go for a walk in 30 minutes."
Select the Notebook button.
Select the Menu button, and then select the Notebook button.
Windows Defender & Windows Firewall provide real time protection and filter information coming into PCs. They come pre-installed to protect the device from the start.
1. Go to Start and then select Settings Update & security Windows Defender.
2. Turn off Real-time protection.
1. Enter firewall in the search box.
2. Select Windows Firewall Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
Customers can tweak their lock screens, change their background to a favorite photo or slide show and browse themes to personalise their PC with a new look.
1. Go to Start and then select Settings Personalization.
2. Select Background to select a picture or a solid color, or create a slide show of pictures.
3. Select Colors to let Windows pull an accent color from your background, or choose your own color adventure.
1. Go to Start and then select Settings Personalization Themes.
2. Select Theme settings.
3. Choose from one of the default themes, or select Get more themes online..
Microsoft Edge, the new Windows 10 browser delivers better web experience. Your customers can access The Hub to browse their favourites, and can make a web note by highlighting content or commenting on pages to save or share.
Select Make a Web Note to display the Web Note
toolbar, where you can:
Draw on the page
Clip part of the page
Comment on something
Select the Hub button. Select a button at the top of the Hub:
Your customers can gain access to advanced system tools such as Power Options, Task Manager and Control Panel and can search for apps, settings, files and across the web from the Start menu.
Right-click the Start button on the far left of the taskbar.
Enter the Windows logo key +X on the keyboard. + X
Start typing in the search box to the right
of the Start button
When initial search results are displayed, you can select My stuff to find results for apps, settings, photos, videos, and music across your PC and Microsoft OneDrive or Web to be taken to a full list of Bing search results.